FRONT PAGE  To Front PageTo CIA Archive  CIA MENU
8. Obinna O Egwu / 2003
Subject: I am waiting to hear from you

Dear ,

I am DR. OBINNA EGWUATU,the commissioner of Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation[NTDC] an affiliate of the Federal Ministry Of Culture and Tourism.In the year 2001 huge sums of money running into millions of United States Dollars was budgeted by my government for the successful hosting of the Miss world beauty pageant for the year 2002,which was eventually shifted to London because of the religious unrest at Abuja,Nigeria where the contest was initially bill to take place. However,before the shift,Cross River State Nigeria hosted,the 92 beauty queen during the first stage of the competition.MissTurkey was eventually crown the Winner in London.

However,in my capacity as the Commisioner of Nigeria Tourism Development Corporation,and a member of the local organizing committee(LOC), my colleagues and I in sensitive positions were able to influence the award of a contract,for the supply and installation of some equipment that where to be used for the contest. The contractor who handled these projects agreed to give us 10% of the total contract sum,if we were able to influence the award of the contract in their favour. Other foreign firms bided for this same contract,but we were able to influence the tenders board to award the contract to the firm we had this understanding with.

This contract was successfully executed by the firm,and they have been paid 90% of their total contract sum,remaining the balance of 10% which we do not want them to collect on our behalf because of the fear that they might not fulfil their obligation to us.It is pertinent to note that,the remaining balance of Eight million,seven hundred thousand united states dollars(US$8,700,000.00) is lying in the suspense account of our commission,ready for transfer into an oversea account.

I have been unanimously mandated to seek for an honest and trustworthy foreign partner who will assist in ensuring the successful transfer of the above sum of money into his Personal/Company account since the Nigerian Code of Conduct Bureau does not permit civil servants to operate foreign account.On the successful remittance of the fund (US$8,700,000.00) into your nominated account, you will be adequately compensated for your kind assistance. Be rest assured that the modalities and logistics towards the successful transfer of this fund have been worked out.All we require from you is your co-operation.We kindly request that you accord to it the highest level of confidentiality it deserves.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated and please provide your phone and fax numbers for further information. Upon your acknowledgement of this proposal,i will forward to you the detailed procedure for this transaction. Note that,this transaction is legal and free from all sorts of risk and trouble.It does not contravene the laws of my country nor any International laws; hence the whole approval for the transfer will be official and legally processed.

This transaction will be concluded within five (5) working days if we follow it up and give it the serious attention it deserves.

Awaiting your prompt response.

Yours Sincerely,


To Page Topto PAGE TOP
FRONT PAGE  To Front PageTo CIA Archive  CIA MENU